- Organization (parent page)
Gekko 3.0 was released as a stable version in the spring of 2019, and new users should use version 3.0. (A stable version 2.4 is expected soon, but further work on the 2.0/2.2/2.4 series will be discontiued afterwards).
Development-wise, the focus is now on further stabilization of the 3.0 version, including help systems etc. (this will be deployed as patches to 3.0). If some syntax or other choices turn out to be unfortunate, this can be dealt with in 3.1.x development versions.
Some ideas for the further development of the 3.0 series (as of August 2019):
- Improved solver capabilities. Blocks of equations. Equation objects. Model objects. More means than goals. Improved tracking when simulations fail.
- 64-bit version of Gekko. Enhanced digital signing of gekko.exe?
- Daily frequency
- Improved DECOMP
- More advanced PLOT windows
- More advanced seasonal correction (JDemetra+)
- Better Python interfaces
- Better translator from Gekko 2.0/2.2/2.4 to 3.0.
- Stabilizing 3.0, continuing to flx small bugs and glitches. Better error messages in Gekko 3.0.
- Source code documentation + API for Gekko.
- Databank API?