- Section 1: Installation and download of example data
- Section 2: Graphical interface, and some basic concepts
- Section 3: Performing a historical simulation
- Section 4: Performing forecast scenarios (multiplier analysis)
- Section 5: Add-factors etc.
- Section 6: Goal-search, exogenization
- Section 7: Forward-looking models [to be done]
This document is intended for potential or actual Gekko users who wish to get a quick look at Gekko’s capabilities, without having to read lots of help pages etc. The guide has seven sections and is centered around a concrete practical simulation example (for which data can be downloaded). The reader has two options: (a) download Gekko and the data set, and run the examples step by step along with the guide, or (b) just read the guide without installing/using Gekko, to get a quick idea of the software.
Readers of type (b) — i.e. readers just wanting a quick overview without any fuss — may jump directly to section 3. The guide is designed for Gekko 2.0, in sim-mode (cf. the MODE command). A data-mode guide is planned.